Yeah? Yeah???? WTF is that supposed to mean?
So Sandy IM'd me at work today and we had a long chat about her being homesick, actually it was mostly her begging to come home earlier than planned. I asked her was her dad even aware that she was homesick. She said no, she hadn't mentioned it. Obviously I told her she should, that he should at least have the opportunity to try to help her feel happier and junk. She said she thinks he'll be mad if she says she's homesick and then asked could I call him and test him out about her coming home early. I asked her why she thought he'd be mad and told her he'd probably be disappointed, but surely not mad just because she was homesick. She said she figures he'll think she doesn't like it there and that she's just being a "big baby". I probably should have let her deal with it but I agreed to call him, in large part because its breaking my heart what with her text messaging me in the middle of the night wanting to come home. So I call him and I tell him that Sandy is missing her friends, she tells me she's really very homesick. He says, "Yeah?" with that tone of voice that I learned a long time means I should f' off. So I say, I thought you'd want to know so you can maybe help her meet some kids from the complex or something. AGain, "Yeah?" So I tell him, well, she was wondering if maybe could she come home a little earlier than planned, maybe as early as the 11th if she's still missing home after my vacation. (this is only actually 9 days early) and he says, again, Yeah? with that same tone that makes me want to rip his damned face off. Then he says "its not like she's here for very long", which I grant is true... although it is basically the whole summer and one night seems like a long time if you just want to go home. So then he says, "Yeah, I'll keep an eye on that homesick thing, thanks for calling" click. WTF is that supposed to mean? I suppose maybe it embarassed him that he didn't know she was homesick and it probably felt to him like I was "questioning" his parenting abilities or something. (of course i do, who wouldn't, but i make an actual effort not to take a tone)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home