Dear Diary

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Class. CLASS. CLAAAASSSS!!!! thank you

Good grief it was hard to make myself go to work today.  I'm so buried in work that it's overwhelming so I feel like I don't know where to start so nothing gets completed :(  Gail's got an appellate brief that HAS to go out by courier today.  She still isn't done with it and I can't get it packaged, or even complete the ToA or ToC until she is.  Grrrrr.  She's already got one extension of time.  She makes me absolutely crazy most of the time.  She's so nice, but I'm so sick of the chaos.  I'm helping Aldan get out another brief, his was done in time to send to Kinko's for binding at least.  Gail's is going to have to just be stapled.  That looks so unprofessional, especially considering what she's getting paid on that case! 

I should have been a school teacher, dammit.  Then I'd be at home by my pool all summer!  Maybe it isn't too late.  Too bad I have to work full-time or I'd go to school and find something I actually like to do.  I think I could really enjoy teaching a high school English class.  That would be just my cuppa tea.

I'm still 166 pounds and my size 10s are a little more snug than I like.  I got the belly roll thing going on.  I had got all the way down to 158 and was eyeing a size 9 before I quit smoking.  At least I haven't gained anymore and I've been 166 now for a couple weeks.  Maybe I'll start losing again.  Might have to get real tight with the diet to get things rolling, though.  And I'm sure I'm not drinking enough water.  Turns out smoking makes you thirsty so it was easier to drink all the water I should.  Now I have to remind myself to have some water because I'm not thirsty.  Today is one month since my last cig.  Not bad.  I'm not even going crazy with cravings or anything.  I guess the patch actually works.  I should have done it sooner.  The firm is paying for my patches.  Nice of them, isn't it?  Good thing, too because they sweat off at the gym (not that I've been so good at going the past two weeks) so I have to use two a day instead of one.  It's still cheaper than buying cigarettes, which is pathetic really.  Smokes are up to $6/pack here.  I remember when I started smoking they were less than a buck for generics, Marlboro was only about a buck fifty.

Guess I'll get back to work.  I've got some filing I can do while I wait for the brief (which isn't actually brief at all, btw).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home