Absenteeism
I took the day off work yesterday to get stuff done. Sandy's schedule for next year had too much study hall so I went to the school and added drama (the class) to it. Now she will only have a study hall second semester. Nothing I could do about that one because Art was full and all the other semester classes don't accept freshmen. She's taking all college prep core courses like Ed did. In fact, she's got some of Ed's old teachers. I hope she enjoys high school. I got all my home filing done, i.e. bills, medical receipts, paystubs etc. It was really piling up. Then I cleaned the house real good while I waited for the HVAC guy to come do the yearly check up on the AC. (They come out and do the heater in the wintertime) AC is in great shape, especially considering its 30 years old (older than the repairman, as he pointed out to me. Baby) THEN I loaded up one of the kids' mp3 players (I think it was Ed's that he thought was ruined because it went through the laundry and the LCD clouded up. It works fine now) with Simon & Garfunkel, Fiona Apple and a couple Yo-Yo Ma (from Obligado Brazil) and went out and pulled all the weeds from between our curb and the road. Some of those suckers were turning into regular trees, I swear! I got a little pist because I had really thought the guy we hired to mow the lawn was going to keep them weed-wacked. He did last year, but this year he isn't doing near as good a job. Maybe now that I've lost so much weight I'll just do it myself next year, eh? It's an awful lot of grass, but I could do a better job than what we're paying for. I mean, granted $35 a mow isn't exorbitant for the amount of land we have (an acre not counting what the house sits on). We paid more than that for Bald Eagle and it didn't have as much land. They did a pretty crap job too, come to think of it. Maybe I just expect too much. Also got my hair cut. Don't think Richard likes it at all. It's very short. I think it looks cute though.
Anyway, here I am at work not working. I got here ridiculously early today for some reason.
Ok, hi ho hi ho
Anyway, here I am at work not working. I got here ridiculously early today for some reason.
Ok, hi ho hi ho

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home