Dear Diary

Friday, March 04, 2005

A sign out front

I came home last night to a sign on the lawn. I guess he house is listed now. It isn't clean enough. Richard said he'd handle getting a cleaner in to do a good cleaning and then they'll come once a week to do the floors/bathrooms/kitchen. I've never been a really great housekeeper and this place is too big for me to keep up with. Not that its a pig sty, but its not "show my house" clean for sure.

Ian is failing Science and English and his grades are slipping in Math and French. I sent an email to his teachers asking them to set up a conference. Also told them there's stuff going on at home, without going into detail. I'm hoping I can convince them to do a little hand holding for Ian for the rest of the year. Also sent an email to the school counselor. Maybe he will talk with her. He's insistent that he's doing alright with the divorce and everything else, and maybe he is and the recent change in attitude has more to do with puberty, but he is completely apathetic about schoolwork and following the rules at home lately.

I'm feeling more than a little overwhelmed to be honest. Four more months....

1 Comments:

  • At March 4, 2005 at 10:19 PM, Blogger Ami_Norml said…

    Tami,
    Maybe Ian is feeling overwhelmed too. He's probably thinking....four more months, as well.
    It's part puberty and there's always that little part that they never really let you know about.
    I'm still finding out stuff about J.T and he's 26!! Lots of times he always told me what I wanted or needed to hear; so I wouldn't get stressed or go off the deep end. Some teens hate parents worrying about them. Make sure he has people to talk with.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home