Dear Diary

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Bagels & Bible study

I'm going this morning to a bible study group at the church. Fr. Ron suggested it to me as a good Lenten activity that I could do. He said it would be a good opportunity for me to meet the other gays in the parish too. Apparently a lot of them go. I'm trying to figure out how my christianity fits with my homosexuality. It will be good to meet other people who make that work.

Other than the bible study group, today is "paint the new doors" day. Richard bought all new interior doors to replace the old 70s panelled wood doors. We've done 4 of them already and you just wouldn't believe the difference it makes! The new ones are the white kind with the decorative panels and they have brass lever knobs. niiiiice. They're cheap if you buy them as "blanks", so Richard got them and cut the doorknob holes and mortised the hinges. it's my job to have them painted white so he can hang them when he gets back. They are a super pain in the butt to paint so Barbara is coming over to help today. I'll need to get extra rollers/brushes before she comes over.

Tomorrow night some of the girls are coming over to watch the L Word on showtime. it should be fun. I'm off on Monday and so are the kids. I told Richard I was going to invite people over for it and he was cool with it. He won't be here anyway I guess.

Monday I'm going to Philly to visit Sheila. I think we need to talk face to face. She's dealing with an issue with her step-daughter, the one who is about Ian's age. I promised I wouldn't tell anyone what's going on, but she's freaking out a little bit and I'm hoping I can get her to calm down a little. It's nothing that she didn't do herself at that age. I think that's what is freakin her though, because she can see those choices in hindsight.

Next Saturday I'm going to the pride expo in NYC with Barbara. We're going to take the train in, see the Expo and then have dinner in the Village. I'm looking forward to a NY outing... Get it? outing? BWAH i kill myself. Anyway, I have no idea what a pride Expo is about. She says there are booths and stuff and musical performances. Sounds like a county fair without the livestock to me.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home