Dear Diary

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

a-OK

well, everything is going surreal-y ok. Tension is still there at home, but its going alright. Kids are enjoying their christmas vacation. We actually had a nice christmas. It was a little bit weird, but after a couple glasses of champagne Rich and I were friends. It was like having Christmas with a good friend. I probably enjoyed it more than he did. Being friends takes a lot of pressure off of me. I ended up feeling like I didn't have to completely cater to his holiday traditions and I have to admit that it was nice to have a mostly "american" christmas. I still made mince pies and we still did the goofy hats at dinner, but I didn't make brussel sprouts that nobody would eat, or the fruitcake or the plum pudding. I got him a pre-made pudding, but he didn't eat it in the end.

We're talking more about the details of our split. We're going to put the house on the market in March and try for a month or so to sell it ourselves then we'll use a realtor if we can't find a buyer without mls. If it sells and we have to move out before school is out we'll move in with Richard wherever he buys. He's looking at run down places in Somerville to fix up. That will obviously be uber-strange if it happens that way. We've even discussed who gets what a little bit. Mostly he'll get most of the big furniture items. Only fair as he made a lot of it. We'll split the leather furniture probably. I get the futons and rocking chairs. He gets the big dining room table (I never liked it that much anyway as it looks like its built for giants) We're going to get Ed a laptop for college and I'll get his desktop. Rich will keep his own computer. He'll keep the snowblower because I "wouldn't maintain it". I disagree and think I'd maintain it just fine, but I don't care enough about a stupid snowblower to get all pissy about it. Anyway, we talk about that stuff in spurts.

I plan to tell Ian what's going on this afternoon. Hopefully he's already got an inkling and will take it well. He hasn't been getting along with Richard as much as he used to. Not as bad as Sandy (chomping on the bit and practically counting the days), but just sort of staying out of his way. Now that I've stepped back a little from Rich I'm seeing that he's really incredibly demanding and more than a little bit self-centered. He's a good man, certainly is being generous with me through all of this, but is difficult to live with. Nothing is ever really quite good enough I guess.

I've got a job with Racine when I'm ready. Bailey was excited I was coming back. That's an incredible weight off my shoulders to have a job to go to. Hopefully their health insurance isn't as total crap as it was when I was there before. Ian's Ritalin could be a major expense if it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home