Taking chill pills
We're taking Ian off the Strattera and putting him back on Ritalin. He was so tired on the Strattera that he could hardly function and it wasn't helping his ADD symptoms anyway. So, back to Ritalin and watching his blood count. Sometimes I wonder if I'm doing the right thing medicating him. Then I remember that he was failing in school without the medicine and with it he gets straight A's (and more friends). I never realized before how time consuming it can be to find the right medicine and the right dose, though. It's frustrating. He sure seems to take it all in his stride.
Sandy's being a spoiled little bitch this week. She wants these hooker shoes we saw at Marshall's last week and she is being relentless in her pursuit of them. "Mom, everybody has them" no, actually, they don't. Besides, I'm not everybody's mother. Oh God, did I actually think that? Somebody slap me. Sometimes I can't wait until she grows up. I occassionally see glimpses of what she will be like as an adult. I think I'll like her more then.
Sandy's being a spoiled little bitch this week. She wants these hooker shoes we saw at Marshall's last week and she is being relentless in her pursuit of them. "Mom, everybody has them" no, actually, they don't. Besides, I'm not everybody's mother. Oh God, did I actually think that? Somebody slap me. Sometimes I can't wait until she grows up. I occassionally see glimpses of what she will be like as an adult. I think I'll like her more then.

1 Comments:
At October 15, 2004 at 11:01 PM,
Ami_Norml said…
You did the right thing medicating Ian. It's just a bummer trying to figure out which one is the best one. It's all a trial and error thing.
I went through the same thing with J.T.'s asthma.
Tami, Tami, Tami....you just thought that? I have said that! I told J.T. lots of times that I wasn't everybody's mother and that those kids aren't my kids! So, what I say goes...until he gets his own place.
I said the same thing to my parents about the shoes. "Everybody has them!"...*whine* (The shoes were moccasins with the fringe! They went with the leather vest that had fringe...which they never let me have either!) Their remark was, "If they all jumped off a cliff; would you jump too?"
To me clothes and cliffs were two different analogies; but not to my parents!
Post a Comment
<< Home