Dear Diary

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Same old Same old

Just an update on my life in general

Therapy is going well and I'm seeing some progress. Some sessions are better than others. Richard and I seem to be communicating better. I'm not sure what he thinks about me speaking out more and standing up for my opinions and junk. It certainly seems to throw him off and he generally gets all pissy for awhile after an "exchange". Don't misunderstand, I'm not picking fights or anything. I'm just letting him know when I want something or when I have an idea that differs from his.

I'm taking a shorthand course. I want to make a lateral career change to executive secretary rather than remain in legal. I really can't go any further as a legal secretary and to be honest I don't enjoy law so much. At the very least I want to get out of the matrimonial/family law field. What the hell was I thinking anyway. Patent law, or intellectual property - now *that* might be interesting.

Sandy has a boyfriend. He's one year older than she is. His name is Rob and he's pretty much a hottie. He was over last weekend and he's incredibly polite. That's scarey to me, because I remember it was always the guys who were little Wally Cleavers around the 'rents that were the most trouble out of parental view. Sandy is enjoying high school way more than middle school, and not just because of the boyfriend thing. In fact, she's been kind of a little beotch around the house since she technically started "going out" with Rob. Hmmm. I wonder. Overall she's developed a confident high school girl attitude that suits her. We shall see what the progress report cards say next week, eh?

Ed takes his SATs again on Saturday, which is also his birthday. He'll be 17! Amazing. I'm taking him to visit York College and Drexel at the end of the month. He sent for a virtual tour of Univ. of Hartford. *My* top choice for him would be York. It's small, competitive and tuition is the same for non-residents as residents which makes it more affordable. Second choice is Univ. of Washington (Seattle). Also competitive, but much larger. He would get resident tuition rates because of Kirk living there. I'm "not so much" over Drexel.

Ian is on new medication. He's taking Straterra which does not list liver failure as a possible side effect. This is good. All we have to watch out for with Straterra is his blood pressure, which he likes ... no needles like there is for testing liver function. He says it makes him tired early in the day though. The Ritalin made him tired late in the day as it was wearing off.

Richard is probably going to England on business for a couple weeks. As it stands right now he'll leave around the 18th. I'm not sure I'll miss him so much. It might be nice to have a break from it for a couple weeks.

1 Comments:

  • At May 20, 2005 at 12:01 PM, Blogger Geo said…

    Hi ya Tammi,
    this is nettie just wanted to let you know we have Kelsey on the same drug and she wasnt eating , she liked that but I didnt,not sure if its to much for her taking her back to the docs next week ,I did notice she was easier to talk with while she was on it but she said it made her feel funny oh well life goes on :) cant wait to see ya miss ya lots

     

Post a Comment

<< Home