the cello doctor
I took my cello into the shop for repairs. Some of the seams are splitting, it has a nasty wolf tone on the G string, and it was buzzing in the lower register. I wanted to get it repaired out here rather than Idaho. Luthier girl is H-O-T. Wowie. Anyway, I'll get the cello back on Saturday all fixed up. The repairs were WAY cheaper than I'd thought, only $40 for a wolf eliminator, straighten the end pin (why it was buzzing. end pin was vibrating against the sound post. bad bad bad), and glue the open seams. I wanted to have my bow re-haired, but its such a cheap bow that it isn't built so that it CAN be re-haired. So, I bought a nice german bow. I can't believe the difference. I had assumed that it was my lack of skill that made my staccato more like a pummeling than anything else. It was the bow. The new one dances on the string, great bounce and immediate response. Beautiful. And it should be for $280!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home